Summit ToyotaLift is currently seeking technicians to fulfill openings in our Toyota Lift Truck Division and Bobcat Machinery Division.
Job Type: Full-time
Forklifts are used to transport unit load material in warehouses, lumber yards, ports, manufacturing and other applications. They are powered by LPG, diesel or electric battery. Load capacities range from 700 – 100,000 lbs. The BOBCAT machinery line includes skid steer loaders, compact track loaders, mini excavators and additional products powered by diesel engines. Individuals for this job should be acquainted with the safe operation of such machines.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct regular inspection and service on various configurations of equipment
- Ensure equipment is functioning smoothly and is safe for operating
- Interact with operators to know of any malfunctions of equipment
- Test operate machinery to detect issues and repair same
- Maintain record of service cycles and part changes
- Follow all safety norms laid down by the industry for work related functions
- Place requisitions for spare parts
- Ensure proper handling of all repair tools and testing equipment
- Follow all orders and tasks as assigned by the supervising manager
Specific Performance Requirements
- Analyze and test equipment to ensure proper performance and compliance with manufacturers’ specifications and safety requirements.
- Inspect and diagnose equipment faults and malfunctions to determine required repairs using a variety of electronic meters, infrared engine analyzers, gauges, and computerized diagnostic programs.
- Ability to determine cause of failure and take the appropriate steps using OEM manuals and online resources provided by company to prevent future occurrences.
- Dismantle and reassemble equipment.
- Perform routine and scheduled planned maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrication, and tune-ups; maintain equipment service records, identifying and correcting defects or problems.
- Complete required paperwork, i.e. work orders, warranty documents, etc. and submit timely and accurately with all required information including appropriate signatures.
- Professionally represent the company to our customers by following the business attire policy, being prompt for service calls and leaving the customer’s work-site neat and orderly.
- Plan work using procedures, technical manuals, and experience to ensure timely and accurate repair of machinery or equipment.
Education and Qualifications
- High school degree, diploma or a GED equivalent qualification from a certified school
- Must have valid drivers license with a good history
- Must be able to operate a computer
- Must own hand tools
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills
- Meet quality and productivity standards
- Organization skills
- Diagnosis skills