Summit is looking for Experienced Technicians!
Summit ToyotaLift, the # 1 forklift dealer in New England, is currently seeking technicians to fulfill openings in our Toyota Lift Truck Division and Bobcat Machinery Division. Experienced technicians welcome to apply!
Forklifts are used to transport and load material in warehouses, lumber yards, ports, manufacturing, and other applications. They are powered by LPG, diesel, or electric battery. Load capacities range from 700 – 100,000 lbs. Toyota is the #1 Forklift brand in the world, providing unparalleled training and cutting-edge technology.
We pride ourselves on providing unmatched service and support to our customers and our employees. Exceptional employee skills are the key to company success and that of our customers. Never worked on forklifts before? We provide hands-on training programs and experience technical supervision to help you get to the next level.
WHY WORK AT SUMMIT TOYOTALIFT?
- Summit is a Business-to-Business organization, meaning you’re home on the weekends and at work standard days during the week!
- Competitive benefits such as 10 holidays paid off, medical, dental and vision insurance and 401k.
- Hands-on training program. Work directly with and learn from some of the best forklift technicians in the industry!
- Endless opportunities for advancement.
Road Tech vs Shop Tech
Forklift Road Tech Advantages
- Traveling/On the road. Work in different places every day.
- Meet new people every day.
- Be the hero: you are important to customers’ operations as lost time is lost money.
Forklift Shop Tech Advantages
- Work in a familiar environment every day.
- Seek help from other technicians, and management available when necessary.
- Be able to see and predict upcoming projects.
- Easy to keep your tools organized in your own space.
- Work on large, complex, and high-priority jobs (full engine rebuilds, etc.)
COMPENSATION ANALYSIS BETWEEN A FORKLIFT AND AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN
Many of our technicians start their career in the automotive industry. Why should you change make the change and become a forklift technician?
Here is a great infographic, based on US Bureau of Labor Statistics data, comparing forklift technician and automotive technician compensation that might help you decide.
Our employees’ mental, physical and financial well-being is important to us along with the need for balance in their everyday life. Therefore, Summit offers a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Medical, dental and vision coverage of which Summit contributes a major share towards the cost of coverage for you and your family.
- Prescription drug coverage at both participating pharmacies and through mail order.
- Group Term Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance.
- Flexible Spending Accounts for both healthcare and dependent care.
- 401K Plan with an employer match of 50% of the first 5% of eligible pay contributed.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Performance-Based Merit Increases: Summit has a performance management system based on goals and objectives with annual performance and salary reviews.
- Professional Development: Employees are encouraged to participate in continuing education, seminars and conferences.
Join the Team
Work alongside best-in-class innovators in a fast-paced and rewarding environment. Summit ToyotaLift is looking for talented and deeply committed individuals to join our team and make a difference.View Open Positions